Bank Alfalah understands its responsibility in protecting the environment and conserving natural resources. We are cognizant of the environmental consequences of our actions and work towards developing a sustainable business that benefits all our stakeholders.
In line with the Central Bank’s suggested framework for green banking initiatives, Bank Alfalah in Bangladesh has taken the following initiatives;
- We are gradually moving towards green financing and have incorporated Environmental Risk Grading in our Credit Approval process.
- Conventional lighting has been replaced with energy efficient bulbs and equipment.
- Green Office Guidelines” have been launched and implemented across our operations. These guidelines address possible avenues for reducing in-house carbon footprint in the bank.
- One of our ATM booths is now fully powered by renewable solar energy. The Bank plans to convert all its ATM booths to green ATMs. Our new ATM in Motijheel has been launched with green banking facilities.
- We are encouraging customers to set their Personal Identification Number (PIN) through phone banking. This paperless solution is not only environmentally friendly but also provides an instant, safe and convenient option to the Bank’s customers.
- To help address the effect of global warming on people residing near coastal areas, the Bank is supporting a three year Palm Tree Plantation project in the cyclone affected coastal areas. The project aims to not only protect the environment but also to produce a sustainable timber resource, which will help address poverty and social inequality.