BAFL secured the mandate for Ehsaas Kafaalat program, previously known as Benazir Income Support Program (BISP), for cluster 1; North, in 2019. Kafaalat program is an unconditional cash transfer program given to the poorest strata of the society, living below poverty line. BAFL provides digital payment solutions for cash disbursements to beneficiaries through biometric system Khyber Pakhtoon Khuwa, Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan. BAFL hosts about 1.4 million beneficiaries with quarterly disbursements of PKR 6,000 through Agent Network, ATMs/CDMs and branches. BAFL is responsible for the distribution of stipends to the lead female of the selected family on a quarterly basis. During Covid-19, Bank Alfalah managed to serve beneficiaries via EKP emergency cash program, disbursing more than 60 billion. In accordance with EKP specifications, Bank Alfalah also facilitates beneficiaries through its 24/7 operative helpline.
In addition to providing cash withdrawal facility, Bank Alfalah also provides the beneficiaries of Kafaalat, with the option of opening savings wallet account and transferring funds into it.
Kafaalat Bachat Wallet
How to open Kafaalat Bachat Wallet?
- Visit your nearest agent
- Provide the following details to agent
- Minimum Investment can be as low as Rs.500
- Investment or redemption only in 2 steps
- Agent will enter the required details to open wallet account
- Beneficiary will receive SMS confirmation upon successful wallet opening
- Real-Time Account Opening through Agent Network
- Deposit and Withdrawal facility available
- Multiple agent-assisted transactions such as Utility Bills Payment, Mobile Top-up and Funds Transfer
- No minimum balance requirement
- No processing charges