About Bank Alfalah
BANK ALFALAH LIMITED AFGHANISTAN OPERATIONS
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is a landlocked sovereign state forming part of South Asia, Central Asia, and to some extent, Western Asia. It has a population of around 37 million inhabiting an area of approximately 650,000 km2 (250,001 sq mi), making it the 37th most populous and 41st largest nation in the world. It is bordered by Pakistan in the south and the east, Iran in the west, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan in the north, and China in the far northeast.
- Capital City-Kabul
- Official Languages-Pashto and Dari
- President-Mr. Ashraf Ghani
- Legislature-House of Elders – Upper House
- Legislature House of People – Lower House
Bank Alfalah Limited Afghanistan
Bank Alfalah Limited started its Afghanistan operations in 2005 and is providing Conventional Banking services in Kabul and Herat.
- Bank Alfalah Limited is the LARGEST FOREIGN BANK IN AFGHANISTAN with a balance sheet size of over USD 170 Million as of December 31st, 2018.
- BAL Afghanistan is the main stream partner of Citibank NA in Afghanistan for processing Department of Defense USA payments in the local market
- BAL Afghanistan finances large and medium size public development projects, Corporate Financing, Structured Financing & working capital loans.
- BAL Afghanistan is the only financial institute in Afghanistan that has a primary relationship with VISA.
- BAL Afghanistan maintains a sound correspondent network across the globe comprising of Citibank (USA), Habib American Bank (USA) and United National Bank (UK). The said strong correspondent arrangements enable BAL Afghanistan to provide host of services to their wide spread customer base to the best of their satisfaction.
- In addition to financial solutions Bank Alfalah Afghanistan provides a complete range of commercial banking services such as:
- Local and foreign remittances
- Internal bank transfers
- Visa powered Credit and Debit cards