Alif is an innovatively designed branchless banking mobile wallet which features a debit card that is powered by UnionPay International. It was launched to meet the objective of augmenting financial inclusion in Pakistan, consequently reducing the gap between the banked and the unbanked population.
In order to do so, this mobile wallet product has been designed to replicate a regular banking account, but with minimum account opening requirements and a wide range of functionalities.
Alif allows the customers to perform the following activities:
- Balance inquiry
- Mini statement
- View individual transaction details
- Fund transfers
- Utility bill payments
- Mobile top up and bill payments
- Interbank transfers
Alif customers can deposit funds into their wallet using the following options:
- Incoming funds transferred from another wallet
- Incoming IBFT from another bank account
- Pull funds from linked Bank Alfalah account
- Cash deposit at the agent
Alif customers can use the funds in their wallet through the following options:
- Funds transfer to another wallet
- Domestic remittance to any CNIC – Coming Soon
- IBFT to another bank account
- Push funds to linked BAFL account
- Cash withdrawal from agent
- ATM cash withdrawal
- Purchase at POS
- Mobile wallet transactions
Alif customers can use their cards at all ATM’s and POS machines within Pakistan, and customers with level 2 wallets can use their cards internationally as well. Simultaneously, Bank Alfalah is also working on a number of initiatives that will widen the access channels for Alif users, not only making access easier, but also making it possible to operate the account on-the- go!
For details about our Branchless Banking products & services call Alfalah Contact Centre at 021-111-225-229.